Regional branch of Tartu
Doctor’s Degree (physics-mathematics), Professor
Chairman of regional branch
(Ph4 - Philology, Physics, Philosophy, Pharmacology)
Structure of regional branch. As of 10.10.2008 branch totals twelve members, representatives of several divisions of University of Tartu: Institute of Physics (http://www.fi.tartu.ee/), Chair of Slavonic Philology, (http://www.fl.ut.ee/gr/oppetoolid/ve, http://www.ruthenia.ru/, http://www.kripta.ee/), Department of Pharmacology (ARFR) (www.med.ut.ee/arfr). Branch work manager Alexander Lushchik (professor of Institute of Physics of Tartu University).
Main objective - preservation, support and development of Russian academic traditions in Estonia closely related to Russian culture.
Guidelines of practical activities of the branch:
• Culture and language study of Russian national minority of Estonia
• Language and culture study of Estonian old believers
• Compilation of the biographic dictionary of Russian educators of Estonia
• Culture and language study of Russian Diaspora
• Explanation of expansion necessity of preparation of scientists and engineers in Estonia in the area of physics, power, nanotechnology, etc
• Support of activity of Russian club at the bookshop «Küütri Raamat»
• Discussion of actual problems in higher education and the organization of scientific community in Estonia.
• Sharing in the organization of conferences and seminars connected with subjects of activity of the branch.
• Discussion of actual natural-scientific problems (in particular, in the field of power and the fundamental physics).
• Presentation and discussion of book novelties (see also http://www.kripta.ee/), actual problems of cultural life.
Branch activity will be carried out in close interaction with:
• Russian research centre in Estonia (Tartu)
• Center for Russian Language and Culture Studies (Tallinn).