Regional branch of Viru
Chairman of regional branch
Viru branch of the Russian Academic Society unites at present 7 candidates of sciences (PhD) and masters working at various enterprises and organizations of the region.
Main objectives of Viru regional branch of the Russian Academic Society coincide with overall aims of social and economic development of North Eastern Estonia: increase of sustainable development of region, creation of favorable conditions for enterprise activity and increase of competitiveness of the enterprises, improve the level and quality of life, increase the efficiency and management openness, improvement the ecology of region.
The Ida-Virumaa district is unique region in Estonia where the education system – from a kindergarten to the higher technical school is developed and introduced into life, therefore activity of Viru regional branch of the Russian Academic Society should be directed on:
• development of applied technical education in the region;
• effective interaction support with educational institutions, enterprises of the region and local governments concerning education, training and conversion training, formation of general and professional culture, fast adaptation to new trades, specialties and specializations;
• diversification of structure of educational programs having created a substantial basis for transfer of the principle Education for All;
• ensuring provision of Lifelong Learning concept among teachers, pupils and all population by working up and dissemination popular scientific knowledge, publication of materials, use of mass-media;
• creation of the centers of excellence for school teachers, staff of all kinds of educational institutions and e-learning courses at all stages of training.